Statement Regarding Shelter in Place in Hunt & Rockwall Counties
Commerce, Greenville, & Rockwall, Texas, March 25th, 2020… In alignment with the recent Shelter in Place orders issued in both Rockwall and Hunt counties, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Texas has made the following updates to our operating model:
- All Clubs (Commerce, Rockwall, and Greenville) are closed until at least April 16th, 2020. We will notify you if the county and/or state issues any further mandates impacting our Clubs.
- As part of the Shelter In Place exception, Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Texas will continue to provide free curbside dinner pickup at our Reecy Davis (4320 Lee Street, Greenville, TX 75401) and Rockwall Clubs (899 Rochell Ct., Rockwall, TX 75032). This meal pickup option is open to all youth under age 18, not just Boys & Girls Club members!
- All personnel have been directed to work remotely until further notice. Personnel who are providing essential services such as meal service have been directed to practice social distancing while working and to continue to take preventative measures as recommended by the CDC. We are also scheduling less than 5 employees to work in the same place at the same time.
- Though our Club doors are closed, we know that kids need us now more than ever! Our highly trained youth development professionals are working hard to create downloadable supplemental programming (free of charge) that addresses academic needs, healthy lifestyle concerns, prevention programming, and, more than anything, connects the kids that need us most with the staff that they look forward to seeing every day.
- Though, due to COVID-19, we cannot connect in person, we are implementing a daily Facebook Live program (M-F, 3pm) where our staff will lead youth through a structured program or activity. This not only will provide stability for our youth, but support and connection for our parents and families as well.
- We are also actively working with local partners to find ways to meet needs and advocate for youth as things unfold.
Safety is, and always has been, the number one priority of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Texas, and we are doing everything possible to keep children, our staff, and volunteers protected from the COVID-19 virus. We will get through this together! If you have any questions regarding meal service or virtual programming, please contact Trei Dudley at firstname.lastname@example.org.